The next board meeting is schedule for Tuesday August 20th, may do this one by e-mail.
-Jan Board meeting (plan annual club meeting)
-Feb Annual club meeting/activity
-April Board meeting (new members, plan service project/activity)
-May Adopt-a-Park service project/activity
-Aug Board meeting at the State Park (plan service project/activity)
-Sep Adopt-a-Park service project/activity
-Oct Board meeting at restaurant (review year)
Scot Chipman - President.
- Obtain Application for Permission to Place Device on Boating Waters from the State Park: Meet with head of Utah Lake State Park and go over course and dock location for the coming year. This should be done in November/December.
- Obtain approval letter from Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife Resources: Usually done by phone/e-mail, go over course and dock location for the coming year. This should be done in November/December.
- Re-new Right of Entry Permit No. 410-00092 with Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry, Fire and State Land: Meet with the State Lands person at his/her office and fill out the Right of Entry Permit No. 410-00092. He/she will want a copy of the Application for Permission to Place Device on Boating Waters from the State Parks, the approval letter from Division of Wildlife Resources, and a check for $250. This should be done in December at the very latest. VERY IMPORTANT TO GET THE RIGHT OF ENTRY PERMIT RENEWED BEFORE IT EXPIRES December 31st!
- Approve club budget.
- Schedule and direct board meetings.Schedule and direct annual winter club meeting in February.
Tim Peterson - VP Equipment
Jane Stewart - Equipment Manager 1
Olga Sorensen - Equipment Manager 2
- Order needed equipment for the coming year.
- Maintain the clubs courses and docks with the help from the course maintenance people and club members.
- Find a place to store clubs equipment.
- Attend scheduled board meetings and report on equipment status.
- Attend annual winter meeting and report club equipment news to the members
Roquesanne Fillerup - VP Web Site/News
- Maintain the clubs web page with current and up to date information.
- Make periodic additions and improvements to the web site based upon VP Web Site/News ideas and member/board feedback.
- Arrange with the board the Adopt-A-Park club service project dates and put information on the web page. Also e-mail club members the information and dates using the clubs e-mail account.
- Post all club meetings and events to club Web site.
- Attend scheduled board meetings and report on club web page/news.
- Attend annual winter meeting and report club web page/news to the members.
Garn Arnold - VP Membership
- Update each member/wait list member e-mail address and maintain the member/wait list group e-mails on the clubs Gmail e-mail account.
- Attend scheduled board meetings and report on member/wait list status.
- Attend annual winter meeting and report club member/wait list status to the members.
John Lohner - VP Treasurer
- Establish a business checking account. (not an interest generating checking account)
- Order at least one box of checks.
- Establish a method for tracking club income and expenses. Categorize the expenses and deposits. (i.e. Quicken, QuickBooks, Excel)
- Agree on a general budget with the club president for the coming year.
- Pay the Right of Entry Permit with help from the club president.
- Pay for the clubs USA Water Ski affiliation membership with help form the club president.
- Deposit club member dues into club checking account in a timely manner. (Two weeks after the deadline for paying dues) You may need to coordinate this with the VP Membership person.
- Reimburse club members for expenses after they have provided receipts. Expenses should roughly be in line with the budget.
- Attend scheduled board meetings and report on finances.
- Attend annual winter meeting and report club finances to the members.
Hank Cobb - VP Government & Regulation Affairs
1. Annual filing and maintenance of all UWSC permits
a. Fish Wildlife
b. State Parks
c. State Lands
2. Serve on the Boating advisory council to represent watersports, primarily waterskiing.
a. Motoboat Access Grants
b. Review state legislation
c. Review state accidents and current events
3. Special Projects - ad hoc
a. Phragmites management - harvester machine - use for course maintenance? or new courses?
b. New course permits
c. Course #1 Cut - push back to just have the east end wakeless
4. Key UWSC liason between all regulatory agencies
a. State Parks
b. Fish & Wildlife
c. State Sovereign Lands - FFSL
d. Legislative entities