Dear Utah Water Ski Club Members,
- Two tournaments are coming up at Sunten this Sat/Sun July 30/31. Go to http://sanctions.dataweb.com/default.view for more information and click the above picture for directions. All Sunten tournaments are open to all skiing levels including novice with no pressure so come on out and ski with other skiers. YOU CAN NOW ENTER, SIGN THE WAIVER, AND PAY ONLINE FOR THESE TOURNAMENTS BY CLICKING THE ENTER BUTTON! If you can't enter online you can still print out the entry form http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/TournKit/AWSA/Chief%20Registrar/AWSAEntryForm.pdf and snail mail it in or show up before the tournaments starts to enter.
- Carly Clifton is going to be holding a all women's slalom clinic on Friday August 12th at course #1. There are still a few spots open, cost is $45 per set which includes gas. If interested e-mail/call Kelly Chipman email@example.com (801) 319-8640.
- It turns out the water is just too deep at course #3 with not enough protection to set it up this year, course #1 is up and skiing great. For the most part we have had very little damage to course #1 until this past weekend when four guide buoys came up missing on Monday. Please keep an eye out for several big I/O boats that are camping on the club dock on the weekends and likely doing buoy damage. If you run into them kindly tell them the state park (Ty Hunter (801) 420-1227) does not allow overnight camping on private docks and also call Scot Chipman (801) 368-2981, a no overnight camping or fishing sign is posted on the dock.
- Reminder that when you show up at the course you need to make sure all buoys and magnets are in place and correctly adjusted BEFORE you ski. Replacement buoys/magnets are in the dock box, a chart of where the buoys/magnets go is in the white sign in binder in the dock box . If you have questions about how to replace buoys please e-mail/call Tim Peterson firstname.lastname@example.org (801) 652-. If you need a key (same key as the last several years) for the dock box e-mail/call Hank Cobb email@example.com (801) 550-2678.
- The state park has been coming out to course #1 to check on things so please be diligent about following all state boating laws including being wakelsss with 150' ft of any person/boat/shore/dock, wear a coast guard approved vest, and use a flag.
Utah Water Ski Club's web page. http://www.utahwaterski.com/
Utah Water Ski Club's facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128934277184738#!/group.php?gid=6309988762