Wednesday, January 24, 2018
The Utah Water Ski Club's annual meeting/activity will be held Thursday February 8th at 6pm in one of the conference rooms at the Mountain America Expo Center (formerly South Towne Expo Center) in conjunction with the Utah Boat show. All members including family members are invited and will be given free entrance into the boat show (12 and under are FREE), a light meal will be served starting at 6:00 pm. If you would like to go into the boat show before the meeting go to the information desk/will call, they will have the club member list to verify your membership with a photo ID. Please reply back to this e-mail by February 1st and let board know if you are coming or not and how many of your family will be eating so that the board can plan the food. You can also RSVP on the club's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
gspot.com/p/members.html. The club strongly encourages everyone to renew their membership with Venmo (preferred since no fees) or PayPal (you don't need a PayPal account and can pay with a credit card) and then just email a scanned copy or picture from your phone of the member renew application agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have been in the club for 20+ years AND are 60+ years old you can renew as a emeritus member for $25.
then give the hard copy to the state park.
To help the club/Garn save time and mailing costs please renew ($125) your club membership before the annual meeting so that you can receive your club membership card (card good for discounts) and club sticker for your boat. All of the information on how to renew is posted at http://www.utahwaterski.blo
A reminder that Utah Water Ski Club members are required to be a USA Water Ski supporting ($35) members, members are no longer required to be active ($80) USA Water Ski Club members. If you are going to ski in any USA Water Ski sanctioned tournaments in 2018 including the Utah State Championships on July 21st at the beautiful Bear Hollow Lakes (free for club members) you will need to be a active USA Water Ski member for insurance reasons. Click HERE to renew your USA Water Ski membership.
Adopt-a-Park service project every year which are always held on the third Saturday in May and September. The board realizes that not everyone can attend one of the two Adopt-a-Park projects, if that is you go down on your own and ask a park ranger what you can do. When finished fill out a volunteer sheet and email a picture to email@example.com
The club is always looking for volunteers to serve on the clubs board which only meets a few times a year. If you would like to serve on the club board in 2018 email firstname.lastname@example.org, board members do not pay dues.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- What color membership cards? Yellow.
- Order membership cards from AlphaGraphics. Scot will order.
- Order club stickers from Signtech. Scot will order.
- Firm up with the Division of Water Quality about a 10-15 minute presentation at the annual meeting. Hank will do.
- Work with State Parks on Permission to Place Device on
Boating Waters for 2018. Hank will work on. Utah
- Volunteer for the Division of Water Quality steering committee that meets once a month. Garrett will do.
- Pay Special Use Lease Agreement (SULA) with Forestry, Fire, and
Yearly renewal fee is $450 a year, SULA good through 2026. Scot will do. State Lands
- Fix sunshade for course #3. Garn will work on.
- Cut phragmities out of course #1. Scot will talk to the state.
- Balance as of December 31st. $15,460.61
- Verify 2018 club discounts will retailers. Paul will work on.
- Email club the annual meeting notice and invite wait list members. Scot will do.
- Annual meeting will be held at 6pm on February 8th at the
- Order annual meeting food. Scot will do.
- Arrange a room for the annual meeting. Scot will do.
- Contact Radar about presentation. Scot will do.
- Print handouts for annual meeting. Scot will do.
- Set next board meeting in April. April 10th.