Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting

October 28th, 2008



Membership:

-How many on the wait list?

-Should we only place 20% discounts on the membership cards or include the 10%? JCW's wants to be added for 2009 at 10%, Sugarhouse tent and awning is currently 10%.


Equipment:

-Make frame for sunshade on course #3. Tim Peterson and Mark Chilcutt are working on it.

-Make new sign for course #3.

-Still need to stain dock #1 before winter if possible. Hank Cobb, Matt Mudek, and Roquesanne Fillerup said they could do the work.



Treasurer:

-Current balance is?



Web Site/News:

-Annual meeting schedule for February 5th at in conjunction with the boat show going on February 4th-8th.

-Web page updates. Add board meeting minutes to the news page, add next board meeting date to board page, add annual meeting date and time………………

               

President:

-Buy general liability and participant accident coverage for 2009. See link. www.usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/InsuranceResources/ClubInsurance/2008ClubInsuranceProgramOverview.pdf 

-Set next board meeting date in January. January 22nd.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 2008 Adopt-A-Park Service Project

September 2008 Adopt-A-Park Service Project
September 13, 2008
Ski club member and wait listers attended the club's Fall Service Project at Utah Lake and cleaned up trash around the inner marina, which is the club's Adopt-a-Park area, and logs from the Provo River launch ramp.
Thanks to (from left to right) Chip Smith, Tim Arnold, Rob Vladimiroff, Garn Arnold, Mike Zufelt, Scot Chipman, Keith Morgan, and Travis Ogden (not in picture) for attending the Fall Utah Lake Service Project.


Thursday, August 21, 2008

Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Notes
August 21, 2008

Membership
- Should we raise dues for 2009?
No. The club has more money than we can spend in the long run, Scot will make up any shortfall if needed.
- Should we buy general liability and participant accident coverage? See link. www.usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/InsuranceResources/ClubInsurance/2008ClubInsuranceProgramOverview.pdf
Yes
Equipment
- Make frame for sunshade on course #3.
Tim Peterson and Mark Chilcutt are working on it.
- Should we replace the burnt boards on dock #3.
Yes, Tim has the boards and Chip can help replace.
- Stain dock #1?
Keith Morgan, Roquesanne Fillerup, and Hank Cobb said they could do the work.
Treasurer
- Mike Zufelt has bought into Last Chance Lakes. Does he still want the job?
Yes for the rest of the year then he is out.
Web Site/News
- Web page updates.
Add board meeting minutes to the news page, add next board meeting date to board page.

President
- Plan semi-annual service project/activity on September 13th.
Chip will organize.
- Set next board meeting date in October.
October 23rd or 30th.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Adopt-A-Park Service Project

May Adopt-A-Park Service Project Completed
On Saturday, May 10, 2008 close to 30 club members and family met at the Utah Lake Marina and picked up trash along the shore of the inner marina (the club's Adopt-A-Park area), raked up and cleared reeds and other debris from the west facing beach, and installed new decking on the old course #3 dock.
There wasn't as much trash and debris to clean up as in years past, since the Park Service has already been busy cleaning things up, installing picnic benches, shade pavilions and laying new rock and boulders along some of the new shore line (i.e. Provo River side).
Club equipment managers Keith, Tim and Matt have been very busy over the last few months repairing the old course #3 dock. Saturday, club members worked well into the late afternoon and didn't even ski that day, installing new redwood decking. This is one of the last steps before moving the dock from Keith's house and floating it back over to Course #3.
Thank you to everyone who helped with the service project (Thanks to Josh for driving the mule around!) and thank you to Utah Park Service Rangers Ty, George and Megan for getting everything ready for the service project.
Below are some photos of the day.
PS. The next service project is on September 13, 2008.
(More pictures were taken, but due to a new operating system, #@&*!! Microsoft Vista, all of them weren't transferred from the camera card to my laptop, and I didn't check to make sure before reformatting the disk. There were great picture of club members hanging out during lunch and of the "historic" work that was done on the dock - historic, because the dock is going to last another 10-15 years before it will need to be remodeled again.)

Monday, April 7, 2008

Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting NotesApril 7, 2008
Membership
- Who did not renew on the member/wait list?
Three or four members are not going to renew. All wait list people have or will pay.

- How many new members should we let in from the wait list?
Same as the number who drop out of the club.
- Should we give out wait list cards with discounts?
Yes, if the retailers agree. Hank will ask them.
- Should the club offer emeritus status for $50 a year?
Yes, must be a member for 20+ years and 60+ years of age.

Equipment
- Still need to buy a sunshade for the new dock.
Hank will order if we have the money.
- Rebuild old dock on what date?
May 10th in conjunction with the service project date.
- Should we place information buoys on each course?
Yes, Keith will do.
Treasurer
- Does Mike want Kelly to help him this year as treasurer?
Yes.
- Should we pay $300 to become tax exempt?
No for now.
- Should we have an automatic way for club to collect dues and wait list fees?
Yes, Kelly/Mike will check into it.
Web Site/News
- Web page updates.
Add the service project dates with no mention of refunds, add board meeting minutes to the news page, add next board meeting date to board page, add new board pictures, and add new member and wait list.
- Should we allow course #3 on Thursday the 26th and course #1 on Friday the 27th to be used as a backup location for a barefoot clinic?
Yes.
- Possible RADAR demo clinic.
Hank will work on.
- Possible slalom/GOODE clinic with Nick Parsons.
Scot will work on.
President
- Plan annual service project/activity date.
May 10th and September 13th. Chip will organize.
- Should the club offer a service project refund?
Not this year due to lack of funds.
- Set next board meeting date in August.
At the lake on August 21st at 4:00 p.m.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Annual Club Meeting Minutes

Annual Utah Water Ski Club Meeting Notes
February 21, 2008
Welcome (Scot Chipman)
- Thanks to all members who made last year a great success.
- Thanks to Josh Greenband for this conference room.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in 2007 tournaments: Keith Morgan, John Lohner, Scot & Kelly Chipman, John & Dana Adams + kids, Mike Nelson + son, Mark Chilcutt + daughter, Matt Chipman, and Tim Peterson.
Membership (Hank Cobb)
- Currently 60 members with 39 on the waiting list.
- Minimum of three new members get in each year from the wait list.
- New wait list trading rules are posted on the Guest Page.
- Membership renewal deadline is April 1st.
- Update your e-mail address on Yahoo, if it changes during the year and contact the VP of Membership.
Finances (Kelly Chipman)
- Income and expense for 2007.
- 2008 Budget.
Web Site/News (Chip Smith)
- Adopt-a-Park service project in May and September. May not be a refund this year.
- The Utah Water Ski Club Open will be held July 12th at Sunten. All UWSC members including family members can ski for free in this tournament, does not include practice. In order to ski for free you will need to send in an official entry form before the deadline of July 7th.
- For a list of places that offer discounts to UWSC members, go to the Members' Misc. Page.
Equipment (Keith Morgan)
- Slalom course locations for 2008 will be #1 and #3. To see map, click here.
- The club plans to rebuild our old dock this spring.
- Club has an air chair and portable slalom course for club use, contact VP of Equipment to reserve.
- USA Water Ski sign in sheet must be signed each day you ski the clubs course. Sign in sheet is located in the white binder in the dock box.
Proposed 2008 board
President - Scot Chipman
VP Membership - Hank Cobb
VP Treasury - Mike Zufelt
VP Web Site/News - Chip Smith
VP Equipment - Keith Morgan
Equipment Manager 1 - Tim Peterson
Equipment Manager 2 - Matt Mudek
Misc. (Scot Chipman)
- Open discussion
- Attend Boat Show

Friday, February 1, 2008

Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting NotesFebruary 1, 2008
Membership
- Insurance for the board is $511 for 1mil or $755 for 2 mil. What should we get?
No, we need to get a general liability policy. Hank is still working on it with help from Paul.

- Current discount offers to club members are?
Utah Water Sports is no longer going to offer a discount to club members. Challenger Ski School 25%, Marine Products 20%, MM Water Sports 20%, Taylor's Boats 20%, SS Marine 20%, Sugar House Tent and Awning 10%, Rental Toys call.
Equipment
- Still need to buy a sunshade for the new dock.
If we have the money.
- Re-build old dock in March?
Yes. How much will is cost? Tim is working on the numbers.
- Who is going to take charge of the new dock project?
Tim.
Treasurer
- Current balance?
$4,972.
- Income this year?
Around $8,000.
- The average cost to maintain the club each year is?
Around $5,000.
Web Site/News
- Web page updates.
Add reworded events page, add board meeting minutes to the news/minutes page, move old board meeting minutes to the archive page, add next board meeting date to the board page, and remove Utah Water Sports from the member page discounts.
President
- Who wants to be on/off next years board?
Still know one on the board wants to be president. The new president must come from the existing board. Paul, Kelly, Hank and Corey would all give up their jobs, if someone wants one of them. Matt Mudek may want on the board.
- Plan annual meeting/activity in Feb.
February 21st at 6:30 pm, in conjunction with the boat show. Kelly we plan the food and Scot will arrange the room.
- Set next board meeting date in April.
April 24th.
Schedule